SWC 2023 - Important dates
Abstract submission deadline: 15 May 2023
Author notification and congress registration opens: June 2023
Author registration deadline: 30 July 2023
Full paper submission deadline: 15 October 2023
Proceedings publication: 01 February 2024
*Please note: Authors who are members of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) are eligible for discounted congress registration tickets. Learn more about joining ISES here.
Abstract review process and criteria
- Abstracts will be reviewed by a least two (2) designated Scientific Committee reviewers. The reviewers will not have access to submitting author or co-authors’ details and will therefore not know the origins of the abstract to promote impartiality.
- Authors will receive notification via e-mail regarding acceptance of abstracts.
- Authors should be aware that accepted papers and posters may be organized in various ways during the conference.
The review criteria for abstracts are as follows:
- Suitability for the theme: Does the abstract fit into the theme? Abstracts with inappropriate contents or commercial advertisements will be rejected.
- Quality of research goals: Appropriately chosen and documented methods, logical presentation and analysis of results, findings, inferences and conclusions. Novelty and significance of the work, and implications for practices, policies or further research.
- Only those abstracts that document significant results will be considered for oral presentations, in order to avoid a situation in which the "promises of the abstracts" cannot be fulfilled.
- Standard of writing, clear and logical presentation, appropriate style, lack of errors, ease of reading, correct grammar and spelling, conformance with specifications for length and format details.
Full paper submission
- Please note: Per author, a maximum of two (2) full papers can be submitted to the congress proceedings.
- Deadline for submission of full papers is 15 October 2023. When submitting the full paper, authors will also need to include the SWC 2023 Copyright Agreement which will be available for download on the website.
- All full papers presented at the congress will be peer-reviewed for publication in the proceedings, which will be published in the ISES Conference Proceedings Database, a publicly accessible and searchable online database. All papers accepted for publication by ISES will be part of the conference proceedings with an ISBN and each paper will be assigned an individual DOI.